Leading European historic race meeting organiser Peter Auto has announced its 2017 calendar, with a mix of its regular meetings plus a new event at the Hungaroring at the end of September. The regular circuit based meeting are again joined by the Tour Optic and the lavish Chantilly concours, with the usual high standard of racing expected with the popular Group C field a feature of most circuit visits.
- Jarama Classic (31st of March to 2nd of April): the Jarama again starts the 2017 season with the six Peter Auto grids – Classic Endurance Racing 1 & 2, Heritage Touring Cup, Sixties’ Endurance, Trofeo Nastro Rosso and Group C Racing: plus guest grids.
- Spa-Classic (19th to the 21st of May): the Belgian meeting has gradually expanded to become one of the major European rendezvous for historic racing cars.
- Grand Prix de l’Age d’Or (9th to the 11th of June): this meeting was taken back over by Peter Auto in 2014, takes place at the popular Dijon circuit in Burgundy.
- Monza Historic (30th of June to 2nd of July): the Monza Autodromo returns after hosting a meeting on 2015.
- Les Dix Mille Tours (20th to the 22nd of October): the 8th Dix Mille Tours du Castellet closes the Peter Auto season takes place on the Paul Ricard circuit with the Peter Auto grids.
The Blue-Riband Events:
- Tour Auto Optic 2ooo (24-30 April): the 26th staging of this event, which has helped cement Peter Auto’s reputation, will be run over a new route in the west of France with a leg in Brittany for the first time in the Tour’s history, and the finish in Biarritz.
- Chantilly Arts & Elegance Richard Mille (10th September): this event, the brainchild of Peter Auto, combining Concours d’Elegance, Concours d’Etat, Concours de Club and the French Art de Vivre has been held since 2014 and attracts participants from all over the world.
New for 2017:
- Hungaroring-Classic (29-30 September-1 October): one of Peter Auto’s main aims has always been to give participants in its different grids the opportunity to race on new circuits on a regular basis hence it visits the Hungaroring, 18km north-east of Budapest, for the first time next year.
JARAMA-CLASSIC: 31 March-1-2 April
TOUR AUTO OPTIC 2ooo: 24-30 April
SPA-CLASSIC: 19-20-21 May
GRAND PRIX DE L’AGE D’OR (Dijon-Prenois circuit): 9-10-11 June
MONZA HISTORIC: 30 June-1-2 July
CHANTILLY ARTS & ELEGANCE RICHARD MILLE: 10th September
HUNGARORING-CLASSIC: 29-30 September-1 October
DIX MILLE TOURS (Paul Ricard): 20-21-22 October